1. The sign-up window for parent/teacher conferences is now open! Sign up immediately to ensure a great time slot. Here’s how:
a. Log in to Skyward Family access at students.canyonsdistrict.org
b. Click “conferences” on the left side of the screen
c. Schedule a time for your student
2. Look for a letter to come home with your Edgemont student today or tomorrow regarding next year’s Kindergarten class. We are so excited to meet our incoming Kindergarten students during the Open House scheduled on April 19th! If you have an incoming Kindergarten student for the 2019-2020 school year, then please fill out the bottom portion of the letter and return it to the office right away. Please share the information with any neighbors who may also have incoming Kindergarten students so they can contact our office, too.
3. Join us for a fun Eagle Eats Night at Zupas (9241 S Village Shop Dr, Sandy) tomorrow night, February 5th 5:00-9:00pm. Come eat dinner with school friends! All proceeds go straight to our PTA to help pay for wonderful student learning opportunities like The Great Artist Program and field trips.
Have a great week.
1. I want to extend a huge WELCOME to our new head administrative assistant, Laura Munson! Laura has worked as a part-time administrative assistant at Edgemont, attendance secretary at Midvale Middle, and as an administrative assistant in Canyons School District’s Planning and Enrollment department. I am excited about the district knowledge, positive attitude and compassion for children she has already brought to our front office and school community.
2. Teacher of the Year Nominations are due tomorrow, February 1st. We have received three nominations as of today. Edgemont has so many talented, dedicated and highly effective teachers that my hope is we will be flooded with nomination forms tomorrow. You can nominate your current teacher or even a teacher your child had in the past. You can nominate more than one teacher, too. I encourage you to take just a minute to fill out the form tonight and return it to the office tomorrow.
It’s been said that the influence of a great teacher can never be erased. To celebrate the indelible marks that educators make in the lives of children, the Canyons Board of Education and Administration are asking for nominations for the District’s 2019 Teacher of the Year.
The community is invited to submit nominations for this year’s top-teacher award, which will be presented to one educator at a community reception and announcement ceremony on Tuesday, April 23 at the Canyons Administration Building-East, 9361 S. 300 East. The event, to be in the Professional Development Center, is free to the public.
To nominate a stellar CSD teacher, fill out the nomination form and return it to your PTA/PTSA or the school where the teacher works. Click here for the form. Nominations for the prestigious award will be accepted until Friday, Feb. 1.
Following a selection process established nearly a decade ago, Canyons District recognizes a Teacher of the Year at every CSD school. Forty-eight teachers are cheered for their outstanding instructional practices, positive engagement with parents, and professional approach to their craft.
From that field, the District selects one teacher to represent the District in the state top-teacher competition. That educator also will receive the 2019 Apex Award for Teacher of the Year — the highest honor given to teachers by the Canyons Board of Education.
For the second year, the Canyons Board and Administration will announce one top teacher from the elementary, middle and high school levels. One of those three will be named the District’s top teacher.
Every school-based Teacher of the Year will receive a basket of donated gifts, a banner with their name to hang outside the school. The Canyons District Teacher of the Year program is generously supported by local businesses and the Canyons Education Foundation.