Good Afternoon Eagles,
We had the opportunity to celebrate lots of learning this week as we start to analyze our benchmark data. Our teachers dig into this data to determine the best ways to adjust instruction to continue and increase student trajectories. I am always often by the thoughtful planning our teachers do to support each child in reaching their potential.
With the recent surge in COVID cases in our communities, the Salt Lake County Health Department has issued a mask mandate for the next 30 days. Canyons School District, in compliance with this mandate, will require masks for all students and staff at school starting tomorrow Jan. 10. This rule also requires mask wearing on the school bus. We will have masks available for students in the office for any student who needs one. We will also initiate a Tier 3 cleaning routine which involves sanitizing rooms daily and disinfecting rooms three times per week. Please reach out to the office if you’d like more information.
Questions to ask your students:
- Tell me about your reading tests. What were you asked to do? What were you feeling when you were done?
- How did it feel to be back in your routine at school? What was the best part about going back? What was easy about going back?
- Monday, Jan. 10: Fire Drill
- Tuesday, Jan. 11: PTA Meeting at 9:00 in the art room
- Tuesday, Jan. 11: SCC Meeting at 5:00 virtually. https://canyonsdistrict-org.zoom.us/j/88357119972
- Friday, Jan. 14: No School – Grading Day for teachers
- Monday, Jan. 17: No School – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Thursday, Jan. 20: 5th Grade Reaction Time Presentation by Discovery Gateway
I welcome your comments, questions, and feedback. Please reach out anytime.
Principal Elcena Saline