Hello Edgemont Families,
Thank you for your patience as we navigate school closures due to Covid-19. I appreciate how kind and understanding our Edgemont families have been when calling the school and reaching out to teachers for information. I know our teachers miss our students deeply, and are diligently working to complete the first week of online learning of new material scheduled to begin March 31st. Here are some important dates…
- March 16-March 27: Initial dismissal- Canyons School District communicated suggested review activitiesfor parents and students to participate in during initial closure. Edgemont teachers created packets and review activities to supplement District suggestions. All information is accessible on our school website (edgemont.canyonsdistrict.org>student/family resources>at home resources).
- March 23rd: Canyons communicated the state’s decision to parents and employees that school dismissals will extend to May 1st.
- March 26thand 27th: Chromebook check-out at Edgemont- The school will be open from 9am-12pm for families who need to check out a chromebook device to participate in online learning at home. Ipads are NOT available. We will follow social distancing recommendations and limit 10 people or less to the checkout and waiting areas. Please come in the front doors.
· March 30th: District launch of Online Teaching and Learning- Students and Parents will watch CSD Online Teaching and Learning Introduction for Families to learn:
o What Online Teaching and Learning in CSD Looks Like
o Student Expectations
o Navigating Canvas
o Where to Get Help
- March 31st: First official day of Online Teaching and Learning in CSD-
Teachers will have online lessons ready for families to access via Canvas. Details will be sent from teachers via REMIND app and email.
Again, thank you for your patience as teachers prepare for online instruction. Our Edgemont community has been wonderful throughout this process. Thank you for keeping our school motto, “choose kindness,” alive by caring for your families, neighbors, and community during these challenging times.
We can do this!
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay home!